comparing lists

  1. #1
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: comparing lists

    Thought #1) Did you remember to use ctrl-shift-enter?
    Thought #2) Try using vlookup and capture the 'not founds' with...
    if(Isna(vlookup(...)),"No in other list","")

    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com

  2. #2
    sofiane b via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    RE: comparing lists

    i obviously did i never heard of it and dont know when to use this
    details please? i owe you big time

  3. #3
    sofiane b via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    RE: comparing lists

    i meant i obvisouly didnt lol
    thanx again

  4. #4
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: comparing lists

    Using Chip's website for an example of using arrays, which I THINK, is what
    you're trying to do...
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...CountingUnique
    "Testing For Duplicate Entries

    If you need to determine whether a list in Excel has duplicate entries, you
    can use the following formula. It will display "Duplicates" if the list in
    Range1 has duplicate entries, or "No Duplicates" if the range does not have
    any duplicates.

    =IF(MAX(COUNTIF(Range1,Range1))>1,"Duplicates","No Duplicates")

    This is an array formula, so you must press Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than
    just Enter when you first enter the formula, and when ever you edit it later.
    This formula requires that the complete range contain data. If only the
    first N cells contain data, and the rest are empty, the formula will return
    "Duplicates" because it considers the empty cells to be duplicates of
    themselves."

    HTH,

  5. #5
    Gary L Brown