How to Add a Calculation to a Pivot Table ?

  1. #1
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How to Add a Calculation to a Pivot Table ?

    Enter your formula in an adjacent column. It should automatically fill in
    the pivot table functions you need.
    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Cheryl B.
    Guest

    Re: How to Add a Calculation to a Pivot Table ?

    Hi, Barb -
    Oh - I see. I need to type in the formula instead of mouse click cell J3
    minus H3

    Thanks for your response!

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How to Add a Calculation to a Pivot Table ?

    You can use the 'Difference From' custom calculation. There's an example
    here, using two years. You could use days instead:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot10.html#DiffFrom

    And there are instructions here for turning off the Generate
    GetPivotData feature:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List