clear Help Please with Conditional FOrmating

  1. #1
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    clear Help Please with Conditional FOrmating

    problem not clear
    if you have already conditionally formatted some cell or cells then if you
    just copy and paste into another sheet is not the conditional fomat
    carried to the second sheet.

    try.
    if you dont want the values to be pasted then copy pastespecial formats

    James M <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I created spreedsheet where number cell useing conditonal formating will
    > change color if a less than condition takes place. What I need to know is

    how
    > do I once that conditional formating takes place (color change) do I send
    > this infor to a new spread sheet only if the condtion is met and to a

    thrid
    > spreedsheet within the same workbook that has a condition for dates i.e.

    like
    > expiration date.
    >
    > My condition on the cell is that if the number entered is less than 2 (for
    > instance) the number in the cell will turn red and be bold. if this happen
    > (it turns red) I would like for it to then be sent to second spreadsheet

    as a
    > red bolded number two. I am trying to build a shopping list for my wife so

    as
    > she updates it (inventory list) with actual on hand numbers. If a number

    for
    > instance cans of soups fall to a present number like 2 ea then it will

    turn
    > red and send this information to a second spreadsheet to build an actual
    > shopping list. Then I would like to also set up the original list

    (inventory
    > list) so not only will i attached the conditionl formating toi turn red

    and
    > bold if it drops to this number, but also to date stamp the entry and
    > condition formate it to feed a thrid sheet for expiration dates for

    instasnce
    > if the original inventory entry is a given date then 180 days it will
    > automatically populate a third spreasheet to say throw it away. thank you

    for

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: clear Help Please with Conditional FOrmating

    Hi James,

    I think you need to re-do it, using the same formula. That is, on the second
    link to that cell conditionally, something like

    =IF(Sheet1!G10<2,Sheet1!F10,"")

    where I am assuming that F10 holds the description, G10 the number.

    Must say, this is incredibly organised ;-)

    Bob Phillips

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN

  4. #4