solution:How do I create a pivot table from multiple pages of data?

  1. #1

    solution:How do I create a pivot table from multiple pages of data?

    Since you already have in excess of 65536 rows, can I assume that only
    one (or zero) sheets will be updated?

    If so, here's what I'd do:

    On Sheet A, make a pivot table from the the 65536 row on Sheet 1.
    Add to sheet A, below the previous pivot table, a pivot from the rows
    on Sheet 2, continue down sheet A until you run out of space, I hope
    thatyou don't.

    Then create a table from the pivot tables. Set it several rows to the
    right of the pivot tables. Use a formula to bring the data from the
    pivot table to this offset table. Create all these table from the
    multiple pivot tables in a contiguous range and then, create a final
    pivot table off of that.

    If you have trouble with the blank row headers in the pivot table, use
    a formula like this: if(isblank(a1),"cell above this one",a1)

    mw

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    re: solution:How do I create a pivot table from multiple pages of data?

    You can create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, but you
    won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get from a single
    range. There's an example here:

    If possible, store your data in a database, and base the pivot table on
    that. You'll have more flexibility in creating the pivot table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Terence
    Guest

    re: solution:How do I create a pivot table from multiple pages of data?

    Instead of importing into Excel, you should import or link into Access. Then
    when creating your Pivot Table in Excel, link to your database.

    This is much cleaner, than creating multiple worksheets.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish

  6. #6
    Terence