Reference an identical cell on a different page using copy/paste?:three worksheets

  1. #1
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    Reference an identical cell on a different page using copy/paste?:three worksheets

    Are your Page 1 and Sheet 1 are one and the same?

    At any rate, simply copy the formulas down, then select the pasted cells,
    and do a Search & Replace, replacing Sheet1 with Sheet2

  2. #2
    Radar
    Guest

    RE: Reference an identical cell on a different page using copy/pas

    Duke,

    I probably wasn't clear.

    Page 1 and Page 2 are identical layouts with different values per cell.
    Summary is a Rollup by Page #.

    After I complete my 'Summary Row 1' formulas reference to Page 1 values
    (across Summary Row 1), I want to simply copy 'Summary Row 1, paste it below
    itself, however, I want it to now reference 'Page 2' values without having to
    maually go into each cell and change the "worksheet' reference.

    The bottom line is I may have 50 pages (or more) of data. I don't want to
    edit worksheet references everytime I add a new line (refencing another page)
    to the Summary page.

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Reference an identical cell on a different page using copy/pas

    You can use the indirect() function. Insert a new column A on your summary
    sheet and put the Sheet name you want to reference for each row in the new
    column A in that same row. Then your formula for Summary sheet row 5 would
    be something like

    =INDIRECT("'"&$a5&"'!a1")

    and you'll be able to copy that down for all 50 sheets you want to
    reference, so long as you put the sheet names in column A

    You'll have to adjust the "a1" portion in each indirect() function, as this
    is text and will not update as you copy across the columns to fill out each
    row

  4. #4
    Radar
    Guest

    RE: Reference an identical cell on a different page using copy/pas

    Duke,

    That did it.........just what I needed !

    Thanx for sharing your expertise.

    Radar

  5. #5
    Radar

  6. #6
    Duke Carey

  7. #7
    Radar

  8. #8
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    re: Reference an identical cell on a different page using copy/paste?:three worksheets

  9. #9
    Duke Carey

  10. #10
    Radar