radians

  1. #1
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: radians

    One way:

    B1: =RADIANS(A1)/PI()

    Format B1 with

    Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?\?/?

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: radians

    The best you can do is to convert it to something in terms of PI

    if A1=270
    B1= RADIANS(A1)/PI()

  3. #3
    mb
    Guest

    RE: radians

    I can't seem to get it to work right. I typed in what both of you said and
    did return a value with the pi symbol, but the wrong number.

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: radians

    It might save some guessing if you said what the original number(s) and
    the "wrong" number(s) were.

    For me:

    A1: 270
    B1: =RADIANS(A1)/PI() ===> 3π/2

    when formatted as ?\π/?

  5. #5
    mb
    Guest

    Re: radians

    Sorry about that. I want to go from 1 to 360. For 1 thru 18 degrees it
    returns...
    oπ/1
    1 degree is pi/180

  6. #6