indirect reference

  1. #1
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: indirect reference

    =INDIRECT("'["&A1&"]"&B1&"'!B2")

    file name in A1 and sheet name in B1

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: indirect reference

    Hi

    "Peo Sjoblom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > =INDIRECT("'["&A1&"]"&B1&"'!B2")
    >
    > file name in A1 and sheet name in B1

    But... the file you are referring to must be opened - otherwise the formula
    returns an error!

    Arvi Laanemets

  3. #3
    BorisS
    Guest

    Re: indirect reference

    is there a way that the error can be avoided? Short of converting to values,
    of course. I'd like these to be similar to other links, where even if I
    don't update them when I open the file (and the source files are closed), the
    previous values still show.

    Thx if you can help out.
    --
    Boris