XIRR function

  1. #1
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: XIRR function

    Daniel Bonallack wrote...
    >If anyone is familiar with this function, can you help me with it?
    >
    >I have my values in column B, and my dates in column A. If I enter the
    >"guess" as 0.1, then my XIRR value is returned as 0.099. If I enter my guess
    >as -0.1, then then the XIRR value returned is entirely different.
    >
    >I had thought that the guess only sped up the calculation, and never
    >affected the outcome. Am I wrong?

    Yes, you are wrong.

    If the cashflows involved, sorted by date, have multiple sign changes,
    there could be multiple *EQUALLY* *VALID* IRRs. When there are multiple
    IRRs, then your initial guess can affect which one IRR or XIRR returns.

  2. #2
    Daniel Bonallack
    Guest

    Re: XIRR function

    Thank you very much!

  3. #3
    Daniel Bonallack
    Guest

    XIRR function

    If anyone is familiar with this function, can you help me with it?

    I have my values in column B, and my dates in column A. If I enter the
    "guess" as 0.1, then my XIRR value is returned as 0.099. If I enter my guess
    as -0.1, then then the XIRR value returned is entirely different.

    I had thought that the guess only sped up the calculation, and never
    affected the outcome. Am I wrong?

    Thanks
    Daniel

  4. #4