Counting the number of cells meeting conditional formating criteria

  1. #1
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Counting the number of cells meeting conditional formating criteria

    Can you use the same criterion in a conditional formula?

    For instance, if your CF is Formula is =A1>10

    then you'd use

    =COUNTIF(A:A,">10")

    There's no direct way to count conditionally formatted cells.

  2. #2
    Jeff
    Guest

    Re: Counting the number of cells meeting conditional formating criteria

    Thanks for this. Does this mean I will have to create a column for a
    true/false to criteria and count them in the filtered range? The real value
    of this forum is people come up with some solutions that the Excel sites say
    can't be done (like counting the number of filtered rows). I marvel at the
    skills and expertise of you contributors.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Counting the number of cells meeting conditional formating criteria

    Not necessarily - the example I gave could be done in one cell. What is
    your conditional?

  4. #4
    Jeff
    Guest

    Re: Counting the number of cells meeting conditional formating criteria

    I apologise for not getting back. I solved the problem (thanks) and forgot
    I'd asked that query :- (
    sincerely

    Jeff

  6. #6