Calculate weeks cover

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculate weeks cover

    Can you explain what the numbers represent? Walk us through an example using
    that data.

    Bob Phillips

    ""Kevin Carroll via OfficeKB.com"" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm trying to calculate the number of weeks cover an inventory value
    > represents. My worksheet is laid out as follows:
    > Each Row represents a week
    > Col A Col B Col C
    > W/ending Inv Demand Qty Weeks Cover
    > 1095 44 15.1
    > 1046 64 14.3
    > 984 62 13.3
    > 922 62
    > 863 59
    > 806 57
    > 1019 57
    > 962 57
    > 1034 72
    > 939 95
    > 844 95
    > 750 94
    > 656 94
    > 593 63
    > 514 79
    > 435 79
    > 357 78
    > 265 92
    >
    > The values in the weeks cover (Col C) need to be a calculation based on

    the
    > value in column A using the demand from column B to work out how many

    weeks
    > the on hand inventory will last.
    > The first 3 values are what I expect the function to return in these

    cells.
    > I assume this will require an array and to be honest I'm struggling with

    the

  2. #2
    Kevin Carroll
    Guest

    Re: Calculate weeks cover

    The Data in Column A is the quantity of the item I have in stock in that week
    (From MRP).
    The Demand in Column B is the quantity of cases we have forecasted sales.
    Hence if A2 = 1095, to work out how long it would take before the quantity
    would be consumed I deduct the quantity in B2, then B3, then B4 until it
    reaches zero. The number of rows it takes to consume the quantity from A2 =
    the weeks cover I need.
    N.B I do not want to avg the demand as the product is highly seasonal. I need
    to work on actual values for each week as far out as I can.
    The sheet contains multiple items and hence every 36 rows the item changes
    and the function will need to cater for this.
    Hope this makes it clear..

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips