Assistance please?

  1. #1
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Assistance please?

    You are not providing what you want to occur if the value in C36 is between
    5.25 and 10.5. Let us know what you want in the event of "7.25"...
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    "http://" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am new to using and creating function in Excel so please bear with me.
    >
    > I have created a sheet that will allow a user to input a number (this will
    > be a load in pounds) divide it by a certain factor and show the result.

    This
    > part is complete and working fine (thanks to some of you). Now what I

    would
    > like to do is have that result compared to a chart and have the result

    from
    > the chart display (I have managed to get this to work somewhat by using
    > =IF(C36<=5.25,"1 PLY 2x4",IF(C36>=10.5,"2 PLY 2x4"))
    >
    > What I can't figure out is if C36 is less than or equal to 10.49 but

    greater
    > than 5.25.
    > If I end up with a number like 7.25 then I get a "False" response. I have
    > searched and searched the help files but I am hopelessly lost at this

    point.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Assistance please?

    try it with this idea with the higher numbers 1st, etc.
    =IF(C6>=10.5,3,IF(C6>5.25,2,IF(C6>0,1)))

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  3. #3
    http://
    Guest

    Re: Assistance please?

    Sorry for the lack of info there Anne.

    "Plies" "2x4"
    1 5.25
    2 10.5
    3 15.75
    4 21
    5 26.5

    If the result is 5.25 or less than I need the result to say 1-2x4
    If the result is between 5.26 and 10.5 then I need the result to say 2-2x4
    If the result is between 10.6 and 15.75 then I need the result to say 3-2x4
    etc.

    Again, thank you very much

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    http://
    Guest

    Re: Assistance please?

    Don, thank you very much, works perfectly!

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Assistance please?

    Best to use a lookup table. Look in HELP index for LOOKUP or VLOOKUP

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:OI%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Assistance please?

    glad it helped but for more than the example given it's best to use a table

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  7. #7
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Assistance please?

    If the incriment is always 5.25 then try:

    =MAX(INT(A1/5.25),1)

    with the "2x4"' number in A1 and Custom format the cell as:

    General "PLY 2x4"

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk