Copying cell values once and then making them static

  1. #1
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Copying cell values once and then making them static

    I would customize your tool bar, Remove the standard Paste button and add
    the paste values button. You could still paste from the drop down menu,

    If you only want to do this sometimes you could put together a quick menu to
    trade the two buttons as needed.

  2. #2
    Tsjah
    Guest

    Re: Copying cell values once and then making them static

    Hmm, I usually use ctrl-v to paste.. But still, I want it to happen
    automaticly, something like "=permanent(blah!C33) but unfortunately there is
    no such function (as far as I know)

    Thanks anyway!
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    Re: Copying cell values once and then making them static

    another option would be to make a macro something like

    Sub pastval()
    SkipBlanks _
    :=False, Transpose:=False
    End Sub
    unfortunately it has to include shift so that you can't just replace Control V
    I used Control shift V in my trial

  4. #4
    Tsjah
    Guest

    Re: Copying cell values once and then making them static

    Hmm, sounds good, but what I really want is that when I copy the line to a
    new one, it goes and fetches some data once, and then leaves it alone, every
    time I make a new copy of the line.. Having to press keys in certain cells
    for that purpose would be too much work..

    Thanks again!

  5. #5
    bj
    Guest

    Re: Copying cell values once and then making them static

    A non volital user defined function might do what you want
    for Example
    function exr1()
    exr1=Cells(1,1)
    end function

    if you enter =exr1() in a cell it would enter the current value of A1 in the
    cell which would not change unless you entered the cell again

  7. #7
    bj

  8. #8
    Tsjah