Progressive Addition Formula

  1. #1
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Progressive Addition Formula

    This is the perfect time to use a vlookup. Create a charge amount table for
    complaints on sheet2. Column A: Number of complaints, Column B: Price.
    Select the table and give it a name: prices
    Then you can use vlookup: =vlookup(B2,prices,2,false)
    If you do it this way, you can change your prices without changing all your
    formulas.
    Here's a tutorial:
    http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: Progressive Addition Formula

    Hi Robert,

    Assuming the data range in C2:C13 as follows:

    Com Penalty

    1 0
    2 0
    3 0
    4 6
    5 7
    6 8
    7 9
    8 10
    9 11
    10 12

    Enter the number of complaints in C16 and the following array formula
    (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) in cell D16

    SUM(IF(C4:C13<=C16,D4:D13))

    Regards,

  4. #4