Lookup across 2 or more columns to match a row

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Lookup across 2 or more columns to match a row

    Something like

    =INDEX(Data!E1:E1000,MATCH(A2&B2,Data!A1:A1000&Data!B1:B1000,0))

    where Data is the sheet with the table, the lookup values are in A and B
    respectively, and the contact is in E.

    Bob Phillips

    "Cara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to be able to lookup a value in a row based on 2 or more columns.

    > need to get the contact name for the Story based on the project name.
    >
    > The spreadsheet I need to use for the lookups are (based on a pivot

    table).
    > Project Name Story Name
    > T&M_FinanceApps BOS Reports
    > EBIT Reports Changes
    >
    > I need to get the contact name from the following.
    > Name Story Name

    Display

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Lookup across 2 or more columns to match a row

    Forgot to mention that this is an array formula, so commit with
    Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

    Bob Phillips

  3. #3
    Cara
    Guest

    Lookup across 2 or more columns to match a row

    Hi,

    I need to be able to lookup a value in a row based on 2 or more columns. I

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Lookup across 2 or more columns to match a row

    Something like

    =INDEX(Data!E1:E1000,MATCH(A2&B2,Data!A1:A1000&Data!B1:B1000,0))

    where Data is the sheet with the table, the lookup values are in A and B
    respectively, and the contact is in E.

    Bob Phillips

    "Cara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to be able to lookup a value in a row based on 2 or more columns.

    > need to get the contact name for the Story based on the project name.
    >
    > The spreadsheet I need to use for the lookups are (based on a pivot

    table).
    > Project Name Story Name
    > T&M_FinanceApps BOS Reports
    > EBIT Reports Changes
    >
    > I need to get the contact name from the following.
    > Name Story Name

    Display

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips