Sum of ranks

  1. #1
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: Sum of ranks

    How about this?

    =SUM(RANK($B2:$D2,$B$2:$D$11))-COUNT($B$2:$D$11)

    array-entered.

    --

    Vasant

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Tim Otero
    Guest

    Re: Sum of ranks

    Thanks Vasant,

    got it to work with three columns, but it broke with 4...I think I'll
    just try the other way.

    tim

  3. #3
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: Sum of ranks

    Sorry; not having a good day today. Will try and think of a more elegant
    solution tomorrow!

  4. #4
    Tim Otero
    Guest

    Re: Sum of ranks

    Thanks Vasant,

    Usually I can come up with something pretty quick, but this one has me
    stumped. thanks again for your help.

  5. #5
    Tim Otero
    Guest

    Re: Sum of ranks

    Thank you Aladin!

  6. #6
    Tim Otero
    Guest

    Re: Sum of ranks

    Thanks Biff,

    That worked beautifully. I got so locked into using an array formula, I
    forgot all about Indirect. Thanks for the help.

    tim

  7. #7
    Biff
    Guest