Totaling Hours in Standard Format

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Totaling Hours in Standard Format

    Why not just use

    =D12-C12

    and format as "hh:mm"

    in the total box, format as [hh]:mm

    Bob Phillips

    "Coco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am using =TEXT(D12-C12,"h:mm") to add the time between to times but I

    can't

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Totaling Hours in Standard Format

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:35:05 -0700, "Coco" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I am using =TEXT(D12-C12,"h:mm") to add the time between to times but I can't
    >total the hours for the week. I use the function SUM(E10:E31) but it does
    >not work. I think it is because of the text format of the function that I
    >used above.
    >
    >I appreciate anyone's help.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Why not just use

    =D12-C12

    ???

    --ron

  3. #3
    Coco
    Guest

    Re: Totaling Hours in Standard Format

    It does not work because I have the cells that's being calculated in time
    formate so I had to formate the cell using the Text function in order for it
    to calculate the diffence between the times.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Totaling Hours in Standard Format

    Have you actually tried it?

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips

  7. #7
    Ron Rosenfeld

    wrote:

    >I am using =TEXT(D12-C12,"h:mm") to add the time between to times but I can't
    >total the hours for the week. I use the function SUM(E10:E31) but it does
    >not work. I think it is because of the text format of the function that I
    >used above.
    >
    >I appreciate anyone's help.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Why not just use