filtering dates

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    filtering dates

    hi, could you please advise me how, using advance filter, to filter a
    list of dates so Im left with fridays dates only. So far Ive tried,
    dates in a3:a2893, Title DATES in a2, and my criteria in A1 which is
    =weekday(5) or =weekday(date)=5. Im using USE date format mm/dd/yy. Im
    not sure that I setting up the advance filter correctly. Any advice
    appreciated,
    Regards Robert

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: filtering dates

    If you are going to use advanced filter and a formula criteria you need to
    use 2 cells as criteria and the top cell should be empty, so insert an empty
    row at the top,leave A1 empty and in A2 use

    =WEEKDAY(A4,2)=5

    assuming that the header will now be in A3 and the dates start in A4 (always
    refer to the first data cell in the range)

    criteria range would be $A$1:$A$2

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom

  4. #4
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: filtering dates

    If you have the room to insert a helper column, say column Z, then you can
    get the desired with just autofilter. Set cell Z3 to =weekday(A3) and then
    copy down to Z2893. Switch on the autofilter. Click the column Z pull-down
    and select 6 (Friday)
    --
    Gary's Student

  5. #5
    Gary's Student

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: filtering dates

    You can use EasyFilter if you want (very easy)
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl