day/month/year in incorrect format for date format

  1. #1
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: day/month/year in incorrect format for date format

    Format as date and add -- in front of "31/1/2005" however if you have US
    regional settings you will always get text since there is no month 23 in
    that case you need to change the concatenate formula or the regional
    settings

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Gary
    Guest

    RE: day/month/year in incorrect format for date format

    Suppose your 3 cells were A1, A2 & A3.
    Use
    =datevalue(concatenate(A1 & "/" & A2 & "/" & A3))
    This turns the text into a date number. It can then be changed with Format -
    Cell -Date and the date system you want to use.

    Hope this helps

  3. #3
    M&A_Jack
    Guest