mailto addresses

  1. #1
    Pritesh Shah
    Guest

    RE: mailto addresses

    Hi Nona,
    The easy way to disassociate is to edit the hyperlink, i.e. right click the
    cell or go to INSERT menu, HYPERLINK, edit/change as per your need.
    Try this and your prob will be solved.
    Regards,
    PDS.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: mailto addresses

    Hi Nona,
    I've certainly seen old links in a cell if you use Ctrl+K (right click, edit hyperlink)
    you can see it. I can't duplicate it manually, I think possibly you rewrote
    what you see with a macro and didn't touch the link.

    One way of getting around the problem would be to use something like
    A3: '[email protected]
    B3: =HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A3, "send")

    You can use a macro to eliminate existing object links (Ctrl+K), for a selection.
    There is also a macro to eliminate all hyperlinks, but I'd always use the one for the
    selection and have prepared the selection with Ctrl+A to select all cells, so I
    only have to use one macro, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#DelHyperlinks
    ---
    HTH,

    "Pritesh Shah" <[email protected]> wrote ...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: mailto addresses

    Never had Outlook Express lockup a reply before, guess it got sent
    and couldn't do anything with what I thought was still my active reply
    no insert, no delete, no send, there was a Save As but I saved to
    notepad, anyway was going to add the following to what I just wrote.

    If you are using a macro to change the the data, you can include
    code in the macro to either write or remove the hyperlink. Just
    gave you something to remove a hyperlink, instead of selection
    you might use a single cell range typically.

    Adding a hyperlink you will find on the same webpage buildtoc.htm,
    of course if doing more than one it would not be for the activecell.

    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=ActiveCell, Address:=ActiveCell.Value
    ---
    HTH,

  4. #4
    Pritesh Shah