How to fix a link in excel

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Incognito
    Guest

    How to fix a link in excel

    The links in Excel are not fixed but variable:
    upon creation of the file and link, the link in the destination file cell a1
    is ='h:\[template.xls]Source'!a1

    however, when the destination file is moved, the link sometimes changes.

    As the destination file is sent over the world to other people and returned
    after updating some information (not the cell with the link, that is
    protected), the destination file returns with a changed link (in the
    protected field). I do not know what other people do but I would like to
    prevent the change in link. Does anyone have an idea? Thx
    --
    Thx

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How to fix a link in excel

    if you use the indirect function the link will not change
    =indirect("'h:\[template.xls]Source'!a1")

  3. #3
    bj

  4. #4
    Incognito
    Guest

    RE: How to fix a link in excel

    BJ,
    Super! This will save a lot of extra workload. THX
    --
    Thx

  5. #5
    Incognito