can macros change cell color daily, i.e. green to red everyday?

  1. #1
    Jim Nicholls
    Guest

    RE: can macros change cell color daily, i.e. green to red everyday?

    "ed" wrote:

    > I want to change the colors of a cell on a daily basis. If I turn the cell
    > green on Monday, I want it to be orange on Tuesday and red on Wednesday,
    > unless I turn it green again, then repeat the process. Is this possible?

    Maybe not the best way but it works.
    In cell A1, enter =Today()
    In cell A2, enter =Weekday(A1) *This will increment 1-7 (1 being Sunday)
    In cell A3, goto Format/Conditional Formatting

    In condition 1, change the entry in the dropdown list to "Formula Is". It
    the txtbox next to this, type =$A$2=1and then click on the format button to
    choose your colours.

    Repeat this for every day of the week (1-7). The format of A3 should change
    everyday.

    Let me know if it works!

    James Nicholls

  2. #2