Empty Excel File -- Data Lost?

  1. #1

    Re: Empty Excel File -- Data Lost?

    I think I'd start looking for a file with a similar name (or modified in the
    last week (or two)).

    Maybe you saved the real copy to a different location.

    You can use windows start button|Search to look for it.

    If you were unlucky enough to overwrite the real file with a wrong (blank) file,
    then unless you have a backup, your file is gone.

    Any chance you've backed up to a CD/DVD/floppy?

    ======
    It kind of sounds like your mouse or keyboard was sticking. If you ctrl-click
    on another file, it adds to the selection (in windows explorer). Shift-click
    will extend the range.

    I'd gently tap the ctrl-keys, shift-keys, and even the mouse buttons (right,
    left and wheel mouse button if you have a wheel mouse).

  2. #2
    Danny Cazier
    Guest

    Empty Excel File -- Data Lost?