help me write function?

  1. #1
    bj
    Guest

    RE: help me write function?

    in column F enter
    =if(D1="chicken","Cluck", Otherwise)

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: help me write function?

    Zach,

    If cell F1, use a formula like

    =IF(D1="Chicken","Cluck",IF(D1="Cow","Moo","Not a cow or chicken"))

    I extended it because you wanted "something to that extent." <g>

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Zach
    Guest

    Re: help me write function?

    awesome, those are both great. is there any way to make it apply to the
    whole column at once?

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: help me write function?

    Zach,

    Copy it and paste it down your column to match your data. The D1 will change to D2, D3, etc.

  5. #5
    Zach
    Guest

    Re: help me write function?

    It's perfect, thanks to you both for helping me out. Smooth sailing from
    here on out.

  6. #6
    Zach
    Guest