cube root

  1. #1
    Lewis Clark
    Guest

    Re: cube root

    One way: Raise to the 1/3 power. The cube root of x would be x^(1/3).

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    David J. Braden
    Guest

    Re: cube root

    For the nth root, use x^(1/n); so in your case, use x^(1/3).
    HTH
    DaveB

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: cube root

    You can also use POWER

    =POWER(27,1/3)

    RP

  4. #4
    David J. Braden
    Guest

    Re: cube root

    Bob,
    FWIW, POWER is somewhat slower than what I suggested. Why it is even
    included in Excel is one of those Redmond mysteries that I'll never fathom.

    DaveB

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: cube root

    You could say the same about CONCATENATE, totally superfluous IMO.

    The only redeeming (?) feature (true of POWER also) is that it is more
    self-documenting than &.

    Bob

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6