sort dates

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: sort dates

    Create a helper column with a formula of

    =TEXT(A1,"mmdd")

    and sort by the helper column

    Bob Phillips

    "Debgala" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a report exported to XL as text file and converted to XL. The

    dates

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: sort dates

    Hi Deb,
    Create a helper column, use the fill handle to copy down a formula like:
    =Date(0,Month(a1), 1)
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: sort dates

    Good, and a lot less confusing than my answer would be to someone
    looking at the helper column.
    ---
    HTH,

  4. #4
    Debgala
    Guest

    Re: sort dates

    Thank you Bob. This was just the formula I needed!
    Deb

  5. #5
    Debgala
    Guest

    Re: sort dates

    Thank you David, both for your own solution, and for your recommending I use
    Bob's. I'd tried a lot of stuff in a helper column - to no avail until now!
    Thanks,
    Deb

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips