ADDING TIMES

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: ADDING TIMES

    You say you have checked the formatting, but as it goes wrong on 3 days, it
    sounds like formatting. Have you formatted the result cell as [hh]:mm

    Bob Phillips

    "John C. Harris, MPA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a worksheet where I am having a time in and time ut calculated to
    > hours owrked for a week. At the end I need to add the total hours of each
    > day for a weekly total. I have everythig working except the adding od the
    > week, whihc is not giving me the correct answers. I have checked the
    > formatting of all the cells, and followed the guides available in excel
    > help, but cannot get it to work. The odd this is when I just add two days
    > (i.e. Monday and Tuesday) it works fine. Only fouls up when I add the

    third

  2. #2
    John C. Harris, MPA
    Guest

    Re: ADDING TIMES

    I sure did. That's why it is confusing me. Van't figure out why it is not
    working.

    Another thing I found though: If I take the Sum formula =SUM(A1, B1, C1) and
    multiply it by 24, =SUM(A1, B1, C1)*24, and change the cell format to a
    number, I get the correct hours in decimal format (i.e. 44:33 changes to
    44.6).

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: ADDING TIMES

    That just proves that it has the correct calculation. Therefore, [hh]:mm
    should work.

    I have just duplicated your data and I get 38:53 with that format.

    RP

  4. #4
    John C. Harris, MPA
    Guest

    Re: ADDING TIMES

    I got it working. I cleared everything and re-entered formatting and it
    worked. Must have been something hiding in there. Thanks for the help.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: ADDING TIMES