ISERROR VLOOKUP

  1. #1
    Carole O
    Guest

    ISERROR VLOOKUP

    I have a Sales table and a Product table. If the item #(column C) in the
    Sales table does not match an item #(column A) in the Product table:

    1) I do not want it written to a Match table(column A), if true, I do.
    2) I want the next match to be directly below the last match.

    I've tried variations of ISERROR(VLOOKUP)... and ISNA - but just don't know
    enough to get it right!

    TIA,

    Carole O

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: ISERROR VLOOKUP

    Hi1

    >I have a Sales table and a Product table. If the item #(column C) in the
    > Sales table does not match an item #(column A) in the Product table:
    > 1) I do not want it written to a Match table(column A), if true, I do.

    Hmmm....

    That's the way all lookup formulas work. If the lookup value is not found
    the formula returns #N/A unless you have written the formula in such a way
    that it returns some other value such as a blank ("") or a zero.

    > 2) I want the next match to be directly below the last match.

    Hmmm....

    I think you need to be more specific as to what you are trying to do.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...