function CELL() to return the formula in the referenced cell

  1. #1
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: function CELL() to return the formula in the referenced cell

    If you select C3 and click on the "fill handle" (little black square in
    lower right corner of cell), and drag down to the next (C4) cell, you'll get
    the
    =Rates!D4
    to change to
    =Rates!D5

    Is that not good enough?

    =Rates!D(4+1)
    *Doesn't* accomplish anything in XL!
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Streep
    Guest

    Re: function CELL() to return the formula in the referenced cell

    No, no good enough.
    What happens if I do not drag down to C4 but drag right to D3.. ?
    I will still not get =Rates!D5

    rgds

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: function CELL() to return the formula in the referenced cell

    You didn't say that at the outset.

    If you wish to copy *across* columns, along a row, try this in C3:

    =INDEX(Rates!$D:$D,COLUMN(C:C))

    And as you drag across Row3, you'll get D4, D5, D6 ... etc.

  4. #4
    RagDyer

  5. #5
    Streep