IF statements/formula problem

  1. #1
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: IF statements/formula problem

    Yes I did think of suggesting that but is the cell is referenced in a
    formula it will cause the formula to return #VALUE!

    --
    Regards

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    db

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann

  4. #4
    Admiral70
    Guest

    Re: IF statements/formula problem

    No, sorry, if it shows ($40.45) then I want to show just a - no # at
    all, not even a zero.

    Thanks for clarifying.

  5. #5
    Admiral70
    Guest

    Re: IF statements/formula problem

    Ok, so the number is zero, but will show a dash. Is the dash part of
    the Accounting format?

    Thanks

  7. #7
    db
    Guest

    Re: IF statements/formula problem

    I'm a little confused by what you mean. Do you mean as it stands now Excel
    is showing parenthesis for negative numbers? For example:

    It is showing: ($40.45)
    You want it to show: $-40.45

    db

  9. #9
    db
    Guest

    RE: IF statements/formula problem

    Duke -
    I believe you have the 2 and the 1 switched around in your formula, it
    should be:

    =a1/if(c1>0,1,2)

    db

  10. #10
    Admiral70
    Guest

    Re: IF statements/formula problem

    Thanks for such a quick response. I think this will work for what I
    need.

    Thanks again.

  11. #11
    db
    Guest

    RE: IF statements/formula problem

    Admiral -
    This will work for the first row, drag down for however far you need the
    range to be:

    =IF(C1>0,A1,A1/2)

    db

  12. #12
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: IF statements/formula problem

    =A2/if(c>0,2,1)

  13. #13
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: IF statements/formula problem

    Yes, in Accounting format a zero is shown as a dash.

  14. #14
    Duke Carey

  16. #16
    Sandy Mann