help please - complex countif, etc. functions

  1. #1
    Jennie
    Guest

    help please - complex countif, etc. functions

    hi all,
    I'm trying to make a monthly summary sheet of inventory but don't know how
    to fit multiple criteria within a statement. For one product my first column
    of data is the month # (1, 2, 3..), second column is part type (type a, type
    b, type c, ...). On my summary worksheet for this product I list the part
    types in consecutive rows and I'd like to have a formula that links the
    summary worksheet to my inventory sheet so that when I type in a specific
    month I'm interested in, the number of type a, type b, and type c parts used
    during that month will display.
    Example Inventory sheet:
    Month Type
    1 a
    1 a
    1 b
    2 a
    3 a
    3 c

    Example Summary sheet:
    Type specific month in cell C1: (e.g. 1)

    #type a: 2
    #type b: 1
    #type c: 0

    Please respond with example formulas.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: help please - complex countif, etc. functions

    in the cell next to the part number a enter
    =sumproduct(--(monthrange=$C$1),--(typerange = $A2))
    (or what ever column the summry types are listed)