Sharing a workbook

  1. #1
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Sharing a workbook

    Julia: This depends a great deal on how much restriction you want on the
    worksheets, and what version you're running. In general, however, sharing
    the workbook has nothing to do with whether you can summarize on a master
    sheet.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    "Julia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a large workbook with about 20 tabs, and there is one person

    assigned
    > to update each tab. How does sharing work so that I do not have to
    > consolidate 20 spreadsheets into a master. I need step by step

    instructions.

  2. #2
    Julia
    Guest

    Re: Sharing a workbook

    I want each person to be able to update only their portion. How do I do this?
    I asume it has to be on a shared drive, but then what? How do I enable each
    individual user to be able to edit? What are the steps?

  3. #3
    Julia
    Guest

    Sharing a workbook

  4. #4
    Anne Troy

  5. #5
    Julia

  6. #6
    Julia

  7. #7
    Marius
    Guest

    RE: Sharing a workbook

    1. Create 20 spreadsheet files instead of 20 tabs in 1 file.
    2. Open all 20 files and create a Master file.
    3. Create a formula in the Master file by typing "=" then click on the cell
    inside one of the 20 files you want and Enter. This will automaticaly create
    the Link to that file.
    4. Once you have done all the formulas and linking you can close all 20 files.

    Whenever you open the Master file, a dialog will appear that asks whether to
    Update the Links to the other files. You do not need to open all 20 files
    again.