pivot table sorting

  1. #1
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table sorting

    Can you give an example of how your pivot table appears now, and how
    you'd like it to appear?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  2. #2
    ushah
    Guest

    RE: pivot table sorting

    Sure,

    This is what it looks like now,
    Description of item
    Description of Account
    TAPE: DOUBLE SIDED REFLECTIVE: Office Supplies
    TAPE: DOUBLE SIDED REFLECTIVE: Sum

    SPATULA: FISHER SCIENTIFIC #14 Office Supplies
    Office Supplies

    OFFICE SUPPLIES,CLEANER: FORD Equip Non-Proj.Main-Mach. &
    Office Supplies
    OFFICE SUPPLIES,CLEANER: FORD Sum

    So, I have 3 different item description Tape, Spatula & Office supplies
    cleaner. Out of that first two items only falls under one account description
    which is Office supply but the last and third item (Cleaner) falls under
    office supplies and Non-Proj.Main-Mach. description.

    I have about 1800 total items out of that may be 50 items used more than one
    account, and I wanted to find those items and list it by itself. Is it
    possible to do that? if so how?
    and thank you for your reply.

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table sorting

    You could add a column to the source table, and calculate which items
    contain an "&". For example:

    =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("&",B2)),"Yes","No")

    Then, add that field to the pivot table page area, and select "Yes" from
    the dropdown list of items.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish

  6. #6