Conditional Lookup on Multiple Criteria

  1. #1
    TBarker
    Guest

    Conditional Lookup on Multiple Criteria

    I don't even know where to begin to search for a solution for this.

    Win XP
    Excel '03

    I have two tables, one is my data table and the other is a lookup table. In
    the lookup table I keep track of Introduction and Discontinuation dates. The
    Data table is updated monthly with the monthly date stored. I could have
    code 301 in January-05 and it will be 'active' but by March-05 it has been
    discontinued. I would like my report to place the amount measured in the
    appropriate category in the appropriate month.

    LOOKUP:
    Col A Code
    Col B Intro Date
    Col C Status

    DATA:
    Col A Code
    Col B Month
    Col C Status
    Col D Amount

    I hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

    Thanks in advance,
    Tanya

  2. #2
    TBarker
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Lookup on Multiple Criteria

    More Info:
    Lookup table should include a DeletionDate column.

    There could be an instance where the same code will have a deletion date
    then be reintroduced. I would need to account for that as well.