How do I apply a % +/- to a range of figures please

  1. #1
    marseans
    Guest

    How do I apply a % +/- to a range of figures please

    I have a range of data which I need to be able to decrease by a certain %
    figure, based on what is agreed.

    Can someone please help me.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How do I apply a % +/- to a range of figures please

    in an empty cell enter

    =1-n

    where n = the decimal amount to decrease, i.e., .1 for a 10% decrease

    copy the cell

    select the range of values to be reduced

    use Edit | Paste Special | Multiply

  3. #3
    marseans
    Guest

    RE: How do I apply a % +/- to a range of figures please

    Many thanks Duke for your help.