How do i check if something non numeric is in a range & return'Y'

  1. #1
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How do i check if something non numeric is in a range & return'Y'

    amung the ways would be conditional formatting
    select the first data set
    <format><Conditional Format>
    Formula is
    Upper(vlookup(Current cell,second range,2,false))="Y"
    set the format as you want.
    note I often have to go backinto conditonal format to get rid of unwanted
    quote marks and verify relative absolute cell referencing is correct.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do i check if something non numeric is in a range & return'Y'

    Assume your first list is in column A and your second in columns J and K
    in B1 put this formula and copy down........

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,J:K,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,J:K,2,FALSE))

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Becs
    Guest

    Re: How do i check if something non numeric is in a range & return

    That, my friend, was the bollocks!!

    Thank you so much

  4. #4
    bj