Is there a function, if cell1=Text then cell2=#? Excel 03

  1. #1
    Guest

    Re: Is there a function, if cell1=Text then cell2=#? Excel 03

    Hi A

    I'm sure it's possibel, but a bit more information is needed! Please post
    back with what you have and what you are trying to achieve. I would guess
    you'll need to set up a table and use VLOOKUP to retrieve the various
    figures you want.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2

    Re: Is there a function, if cell1=Text then cell2=#? Excel 03

    I have a list of about 50 different stone names. Each one is associated with
    a different level (numbered 1-4). For each level there is a different price
    (valued $52-85). I want to pull up 1 of the 50 names and have the price
    level and price shown in the cell. I was starting to get somewhere with this
    formula,
    =IF(B10=Tan_Brown,2,0)etc..., this was giving me the number of one of the
    50 stones and then a corresponding formula in another cell would give me the
    price dependant upon a 2 showing up in the first cell. However, I have been
    unsuccessful with the entry of the other 49 stones. Confused? So am I

  3. #3
    Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5