Lookup based on 2 criteria

  1. #1
    LM
    Guest

    Re: Lookup based on 2 criteria

    Malik,
    Thanks for the information. I'm afraid I still can't get it or any of
    the other suggestions to work. I'm running Excel 2000 and trying create a
    worksheet that will get information from several other tabs in the same
    workbook. Each Tab has been sorted and has the dates in Column A and the
    users in Column B. On this worksheet I am entering the date in Cell A3
    (merged a,b,c) and the User in Cell D3, then in other cells I am entering
    the Index/Match formulas to look up say the Hi Temp in Column G of the Tab
    named DWRs. I will send an abbreviated copy of the workbook if anyone is
    willing to take a look at it.
    Thanks also to KK for offering a copy of his workbook.
    "malik641" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Lookup based on 2 criteria

    I've concatenated two cells together and have done a VLOOKUP on the
    concatenated cells.

  3. #3
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Lookup based on 2 criteria

    This file might be a help:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/vlookup2.zip
    It's in the "Worksheet" section on page:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

    Look up on two fields with this alternative to VLOOKUP

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    kk
    Guest

    Re: Lookup based on 2 criteria

    It work for me. I can send you the sample workbook if you need.

    "L. S. Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    Thanks for the info. I don't understand the "1" after the MATCH, but tried
    it anyway and several variations. I never could get it to work. I believe
    the problem is that the information I'm looking up is on a different sheet
    from the two lookup entries (though that's no problem when looking up just
    one entry). Thanks for trying.
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    L. S. Martin

  6. #6
    L. S. Martin
    Guest

    Re: Lookup based on 2 criteria

    Thanks Barb. I hadn't thought of trying that. I guess you concatenated the
    information in the two columns in the lookup range and the two entries
    you're trying to lookup?
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    L. S. Martin
    Guest

    Re: Lookup based on 2 criteria

    Thanks - sounds like EXACTLY what I was looking for!
    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    L. S. Martin
    Guest

    Re: Lookup based on 2 criteria

    I can't seem to get the function to work for me. I went to VBA Editor,
    created a Module and copied VLookup2 into it, then returned to the worksheet
    and chose Function and filled in the blanks, but got N/A (checked to make
    sure right - was). The data I'm looking up is on a different worksheet -
    does that make any difference?

  12. #12
    LM

  13. #13