calculation to exclude weekends

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: calculation to exclude weekends

    =A2-105 where A2 is the deadline date.

    BTW, I make that 20th June.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: calculation to exclude weekends

    Because from your example, 15 weeks is 105 days. The weekend days are
    irrelevant. Assuming that your project ends on a workday, 15 weeks before
    must also be a workday.

  3. #3
    Need2Know

  4. #4
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: calculation to exclude weekends

    =WORKDAY(DATE(2005,10,3),-15*7)
    I get 9th May 2005 as 105 days before deadline of 3rd October

  5. #5
    Need2Know
    Guest

    Re: calculation to exclude weekends

    Thank you Bob,

    how do you kow that it has skipped the weekends out of the 105 days?

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips

  8. #8
    N Harkawat