Sumproduct Formula

  1. #1
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct Formula

    I don't really think so. It depends on how many rows and columns your
    SUMPRODUCT's are looking at, but even with short row and column ranges, that
    many SUMPRODUCT formulas are going to take forever to calculate. Any formula
    based alternative, no matter how innovative would still be volatile and
    therefore would still be very slow to complete calculation,
    One possible way round it is to insert the formulas into the appropriate
    places via a Macro and then in the same Macro copy and Paste Special Values
    so that the file contains no formulas at all until the Macro(s) are run, and
    indeed, no formulas after the Macro(s) are run.
    You may perhaps be able to enter only the formulas that need to be
    calculated in a certain circumstance rather than all of them at the same
    time. This would speed up the calculation time significantly.
    Obviously without being able to see your sheet its difficult to say if the
    afore mentioned procedure would be feasible,
    Regards,
    Alan.

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: Sumproduct Formula

    Have you tried using pivot tables? They are extremely quick and summarize
    data similarly as SUMPRODUCT does.

    David Billigmeier

  3. #3
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct Formula

    One way is to reduce the number of ranges tested...

    Example

    Suppose we have

    [A]

    =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$1000=$K2)+0,($B$2:$B$1000=$L2)+0,$C$2:$C$1000)

    and we want to reduce the number of ranges tested:

    D2, copied down:

    =A2&"#"&B2

    The formula in [A] can be re-expressed as:

    [B]

    =SUMIF(($D$2:$D$1000,$K2&"#"&$L2,$C$2:$C$1000)

    For more ideas, see:

    http://tinyurl.com/d9eom

    For computing on relevant subranges instead of whole range, the
    following example might be helpful:

    http://tinyurl.com/cqy47

    And for more, see:

    http://tinyurl.com/d9eom

    --

    [1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
    their Excel numeric equivalents.

  4. #4
    Alan

  5. #5