Why does the Sort function stop recognizing Header Rows?

  1. #1
    Frostfire
    Guest

    Re: Why does the Sort function stop recognizing Header Rows?

    "Mangus Pyke" wrote:
    > Check the radio button that says "Header row" ??
    >
    > MP-

    I did, and do. Unfortunatly, it changes it back to the 'no header' option
    each time. It didn't used to, it kept the setting of 'Header row,' so it
    would recognize my headings and let me sort by them. Now, yes I can click on
    that and get my headings to sort by, but I'm wondering why it stopped keeping
    that setting.

  2. #2

    Re: Why does the Sort function stop recognizing Header Rows?

    Sometimes, if you just change the format of that header row (Bold or italics or
    underlined), then excel will see it as different and guess that it's a header
    row.

    (I don't know why it forgets--but I always select my range to sort anyway.)

  3. #3
    Mangus Pyke
    Guest

    Re: Why does the Sort function stop recognizing Header Rows?

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:11:02 -0700, Frostfire
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I did, and do. Unfortunatly, it changes it back to the 'no header' option
    >each time. It didn't used to, it kept the setting of 'Header row,' so it
    >would recognize my headings and let me sort by them. Now, yes I can click on
    >that and get my headings to sort by, but I'm wondering why it stopped keeping
    >that setting.

    Hrmm.. I don't have an answer. That's weird.

    MP-

    --
    "Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
    B.F. Skinner

  4. #4
    Mangus Pyke
    Guest

    Re: Why does the Sort function stop recognizing Header Rows?

  5. #5
    Mangus Pyke

  6. #6
    Frostfire