Vlookup across multiple tabs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hirsch
    Guest

    Vlookup across multiple tabs

    Is there a formula to incorporate a vlookup scanning multiple tabs.

    i.e.
    Total Tab will scan "GMP" "GMT" "FMP" & "TRN"

    returning #n/a for the missing information and the first line item found on
    the rest.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Vlookup across multiple tabs

    unfortunaltely, the best metod I know of is
    =if(iserror(Vlookup(ref,GMP!range,2,0)),if(iserror(Vlookup(ref,FMP!range,2,0)),if(iserror(...)
    ...,Vlookup(ref,FMP!range,2,0),Vlookup(ref,GMP!range,2,0))))

  3. #3
    bj

  4. #4
    bj

  5. #5
    bj

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup across multiple tabs

    Hi!

    Make a list of the sheet names:

    J1 = GMP
    J2 = GMT
    J3 = FMP
    J4 = TRN

    Name that list something like SList.

    This will work as long as the table array is the same on each sheet.

    Enetered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&INDEX(SList,MATCH(TRUE,COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&SList&"'!A1:A10"),A1)>0,0))&"'!A1:C10"),2,0)

    A1 is the lookup value

    This is how that formula would look as it operates on a single sheet:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,GMP!A1:C10,2,0)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7