can I make worksheet name equal a cell

  1. #1
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: can I make worksheet name equal a cell

    flyingdoc, you can with code, oneway to name the sheets

    activesheet.name =[a1]

    and to sort the sheets see this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

    If you need info on getting started with Macros click on the link below to
    visit David McRithchie's site

    Post back if you need anymore help on this

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "flyingdoc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I want to make a worksheet name equal a specific cell on the worksheet -

    can

  2. #2
    Max

    "flyingdoc" wrote:
    > .. make a worksheet name equal a specific cell on the worksheet

    To add-on a little for the above part ..

    Try the sub below (paste in general module)
    on a *back-up* copy of your file:

    It loops through all worksheets (assumed identical structure)
    and renames each sheet with what's in C2 [of each sheet], all at one go.

    (It's assumed C2 will hold for example, text - different for each sheet,
    and with no illegal characters, etc)

    Sub RenameWS()
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    ws.Activate
    ws.Name = Range("C2").Value
    Next
    End Sub

    Adapt the cell "C2" to suit ..
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: can I make worksheet name equal a cell

    one way:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/event...efromcell.html

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4