is there a way to add single digits within a single cell?

  1. #1
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: is there a way to add single digits within a single cell?

    You have not explained this very well!
    Suppose you have column A for counting cats and B for counting dogs. Every
    time you see a cat you put an X in the next empty cell of column A.
    In C1 use =COUNTIF(A:A."X") to count the cats. Note the X's could be x's -
    not case sensitive.
    Anywhere near the problem?

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    DaveB
    Guest

    RE: is there a way to add single digits within a single cell?

    Sounds like you are talking about the SUM(...) function, as far as I can
    tell. Use as follows:

    =SUM(summation_range)

    Dave

  3. #3