column to column conditional formatting won't work, need formula

  1. #1
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: column to column conditional formatting won't work, need formula

    In F2 add this formula

    =IF(B2>200,A2,"")

    and copy down

    no need for all the names.

    RP

    "rrupp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a user who has 3 columns. She has a machine listed in the first
    > column, the result in the 2nd column and if that result is over equal or
    > greater than 200, she wants the machine name listed in the different

    column
    > column. My confusion stems from the number of machines, there are about

    40
    > of them so the example would have to contain each machine name, crorect.
    > It's hard to explain, kind of confusing.... For example:
    >
    > Column A Column B Column F (for example)
    > Machine Result
    >
    > 22 159
    > 333 207 333 -- so she wants the machine name

    > appear
    > 10 227 in column f if it's equal

    or

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips

  5. #5
    rrupp
    Guest

    column to column conditional formatting won't work, need formula

    I have a user who has 3 columns. She has a machine listed in the first
    column, the result in the 2nd column and if that result is over equal or
    greater than 200, she wants the machine name listed in the different column
    column. My confusion stems from the number of machines, there are about 40
    of them so the example would have to contain each machine name, crorect.
    It's hard to explain, kind of confusing.... For example:

    Column A Column B Column F (for example)
    Machine Result

    22 159
    333 207 333 -- so she wants the machine name to

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips