Lookup value throughout an array_return adjacent value and summing

  1. #1
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Lookup value throughout an array_return adjacent value and summing

    Sounds like you need a SumIf formula. If not, provide a small sample
    along with the expected result.

  2. #2
    SP
    Guest

    Re: Lookup value throughout an array_return adjacent value and sum

    EXAMPLE:

    NAME TOTAL HOME RUNS
    John (formula needed)
    Suzy (formula needed)
    [all above are in different cells]

    (Mini tables)

    WEEK1
    NAME HRuns
    John 1
    Suzy 2

    WEEK2
    NAME HRuns
    John 3
    Suzy 1

    WEEK 3
    etc.

    Of course, there are multiple columns containing the names and the names are
    not always in the same order, but the number of runs is ALWAYS the cell to
    the right of the name. (i.e. if name is in B27 the runs for that week is in
    C27).

    Also, the name is a value from a CHOOSE function (if that makes a difference).

    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Lookup value throughout an array_return adjacent value and sum

    If the expected result is 4, then:

    =SUMIF(NameRange,"John",RangeHRuns)

    --

    [1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
    their Excel numeric equivalents.

  4. #4
    Aladin Akyurek

  5. #5