If statements with validation lists

  1. #1
    Tony Houston
    Guest

    Re: If statements with validation lists

    Thanks again
    Tony

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: If statements with validation lists

    Tony,

    You need to make at least 2 named ranges: List0 and List1

    List0 should be a single cell, with the value n/a

    List1 should be as many cells as you want for your dropdown list: enter the allowed values in that
    range.

    You can also have List2 and List3 if the numbers in column A are use in determining which list to
    use.

    Select cell B2, the choose Data / Validation. Select the Settings Tab, and select List in the
    "Allow" box, and in the Source box, enter the formula

    =IF(A2=0,List0,List1)

    and make sure that you check the "in-cell dropdown" box.

    If the numbers matter, then use a formula like in the Source box:

    =IF(A2=0,List0,IF(A1=1,List1, IF(A1=2,List2,List3)))

  4. #4
    Tony Houston

  5. #5
    Bernie Deitrick