Rounding of Time

  1. #1
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Rounding of Time

    You say "Flight Hours" but your example is in minutes.
    Would you be satisfied with just minutes?
    Or would you prefer hours and minutes?

    This is a formula that's usually used for payroll:

    =((B1-A1+(B1<A1))*24)*AND(B1<>0,A1<>0)

    The formula is in a cell formatted as General or Number,
    Where start time is in A1, end time is in B1,
    And it will account for times *across midnight*.
    It's set to return decimal hours.

    You can revise it to return minutes:

    =((B1-A1+(B1<A1))*24*60)*AND(B1<>0,A1<>0)

    And then round to the nearest 5 minutes:

    =ROUND((((B1-A1+(B1<A1))*24*60)*AND(B1<>0,A1<>0))/5,0)*5

    NOW, with this formula in C1, giving you total rounded minutes, you could
    add these other two formulas to break it down to hours and minutes:

    For hours in D1:
    =INT(C1/60)

    For minutes in E1:
    =MOD(C1,60)