Date/If function for past dues

  1. #1
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Date/If function for past dues

    hi,
    in column E you could put

    =if(A2<Now(), "Overdue","")

    or you could use conditional formating.
    go Format>conditional format
    enter Cell value is less than =now()

    then click the format button>patterns. pick a bright color to high light
    the overdue cell.

    regards
    FSt1

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Date/If function for past dues

    Hi!

    One way is to use conditional formatting to highlight the Due Date cell
    based on today's date and whether or not a date has been entered in the
    Payment Rec'd cell.

    A1 = payment due date
    D1 = acutal date payment is rec'd

    Select cell A1
    Goto Format>Conditional Formatting
    Formula is: =AND(A1<>"",TODAY()>=A1,D1="")
    Click the Format button and maybe select a background color
    OK out

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Date/If function for past dues

    Hi!

    >I am not even sure that this is possible because there are so many
    >variables

    The thing about Excel is that just about anything IS possible. The problem
    is whether "we" know how to make it work!

    Right now, I'm in the "problem" phase on this one!

    Seems to me (based on my experience with credit) that a payment is due
    monthly. If I pay more than is due I still have to make a payment next month
    and the excess payments are just taken off of the backend of the loan
    period.

    I'm certain that this could be done but it might require a different layout
    of the data but that in itself may be more work than it's worth.

    >If nothing jumps out at you, it's not a big deal to look at each page.

    Nothing is jumping out at me!

    I don't see any relation between any of the data on the Summary sheet and
    the data on the other sheets.

  4. #4
    FSt1

  5. #5
    workin4alivin
[...]

    Date Amount Cr. Amt Date Amount Check #
    9/1/2004 25.00 25.00 8/31/2004 ($25) 902
    12/1/2004 25.00 25.00 1/14/2005 ($50) 980
    4/1/2005 25.00 25.00 5/5/2005 ($25) 1032
    5/1/2005 25.00 25.00 7/29/2005 ($100) 1070
    6/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    7/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    8/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    9/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    10/1/2005 25.00

    As you can see, this borrower is not past due. The last payment was 7/29,
    but he paid his September payment too. He will not be past due until
    11/01/05.
    Below is a borrower that is behind:
    Date Amount Date Amount

  6. #6
    workin4alivin
    Guest

    RE: Date/If function for past dues

    FSt1 and Biff,

    Both of your suggestions worked. But my problem now is getting this
    information to show on the summary sheet. I want a column that shows whether
    an account is overdue or not, which could allow me to link a cell on the
    summary page to each client loan page.

    I am no expert in Excel, but I was thinking I needed to do some type of IF
    statement. Only, I can't figure one out that would work.

    Below is the data as I have it set up on each clients worksheet.

    Date Amount Cr.amt Date Amount Check #

  7. #7
    Biff

  8. #8
    workin4alivin
    Guest

    RE: Date/If function for past dues

    FSt1 and Biff,

    Both of your suggestions worked. But my problem now is getting this
    information to show on the summary sheet. I want a column that shows whether
    an account is overdue or not, which could allow me to link a cell on the
    summary page to each client loan page.

    I am no expert in Excel, but I was thinking I needed to do some type of IF
    statement. Only, I can't figure one out that would work.

    Below is the data as I have it set up on each clients worksheet.

    Date Amount Cr.amt Date Amount Check #

  9. #9
    Biff

  10. #10
    workin4alivin
[...]

    Date Amount Cr. Amt Date Amount Check #
    9/1/2004 25.00 25.00 8/31/2004 ($25) 902
    12/1/2004 25.00 25.00 1/14/2005 ($50) 980
    4/1/2005 25.00 25.00 5/5/2005 ($25) 1032
    5/1/2005 25.00 25.00 7/29/2005 ($100) 1070
    6/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    7/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    8/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    9/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    10/1/2005 25.00

    As you can see, this borrower is not past due. The last payment was 7/29,
    but he paid his September payment too. He will not be past due until
    11/01/05.
    Below is a borrower that is behind:
    Date Amount Date Amount

  11. #11
    Biff

  12. #12
    FSt1

  13. #13
    Biff

  14. #14
    FSt1

  15. #15
    Biff

  16. #16
    workin4alivin
[...]

    Date Amount Cr. Amt Date Amount Check #
    9/1/2004 25.00 25.00 8/31/2004 ($25) 902
    12/1/2004 25.00 25.00 1/14/2005 ($50) 980
    4/1/2005 25.00 25.00 5/5/2005 ($25) 1032
    5/1/2005 25.00 25.00 7/29/2005 ($100) 1070
    6/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    7/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    8/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    9/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    10/1/2005 25.00

    As you can see, this borrower is not past due. The last payment was 7/29,
    but he paid his September payment too. He will not be past due until
    11/01/05.
    Below is a borrower that is behind:
    Date Amount Date Amount

  17. #17
    FSt1

  18. #18
    Biff

  19. #19
    workin4alivin
    Guest

    RE: Date/If function for past dues

    FSt1 and Biff,

    Both of your suggestions worked. But my problem now is getting this
    information to show on the summary sheet. I want a column that shows whether
    an account is overdue or not, which could allow me to link a cell on the
    summary page to each client loan page.

    I am no expert in Excel, but I was thinking I needed to do some type of IF
    statement. Only, I can't figure one out that would work.

    Below is the data as I have it set up on each clients worksheet.

    Date Amount Cr.amt Date Amount Check #

  20. #20
    FSt1

  21. #21
    Biff

  22. #22
    Biff

  23. #23
    Biff

  24. #24
    workin4alivin
[...]

    Date Amount Cr. Amt Date Amount Check #
    9/1/2004 25.00 25.00 8/31/2004 ($25) 902
    12/1/2004 25.00 25.00 1/14/2005 ($50) 980
    4/1/2005 25.00 25.00 5/5/2005 ($25) 1032
    5/1/2005 25.00 25.00 7/29/2005 ($100) 1070
    6/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    7/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    8/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    9/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    10/1/2005 25.00

    As you can see, this borrower is not past due. The last payment was 7/29,
    but he paid his September payment too. He will not be past due until
    11/01/05.
    Below is a borrower that is behind:
    Date Amount Date Amount

  25. #25
    Biff

  26. #26
    workin4alivin
    Guest

    RE: Date/If function for past dues

    FSt1 and Biff,

    Both of your suggestions worked. But my problem now is getting this
    information to show on the summary sheet. I want a column that shows whether
    an account is overdue or not, which could allow me to link a cell on the
    summary page to each client loan page.

    I am no expert in Excel, but I was thinking I needed to do some type of IF
    statement. Only, I can't figure one out that would work.

    Below is the data as I have it set up on each clients worksheet.

    Date Amount Cr.amt Date Amount Check #

  27. #27
    FSt1

  28. #28
    FSt1

  29. #29
    FSt1

  30. #30
    Biff

  31. #31
    workin4alivin
    Guest

    RE: Date/If function for past dues

    FSt1 and Biff,

    Both of your suggestions worked. But my problem now is getting this
    information to show on the summary sheet. I want a column that shows whether
    an account is overdue or not, which could allow me to link a cell on the
    summary page to each client loan page.

    I am no expert in Excel, but I was thinking I needed to do some type of IF
    statement. Only, I can't figure one out that would work.

    Below is the data as I have it set up on each clients worksheet.

    Date Amount Cr.amt Date Amount Check #

  32. #32
    workin4alivin
[...]

    Date Amount Cr. Amt Date Amount Check #
    9/1/2004 25.00 25.00 8/31/2004 ($25) 902
    12/1/2004 25.00 25.00 1/14/2005 ($50) 980
    4/1/2005 25.00 25.00 5/5/2005 ($25) 1032
    5/1/2005 25.00 25.00 7/29/2005 ($100) 1070
    6/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    7/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    8/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    9/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    10/1/2005 25.00

    As you can see, this borrower is not past due. The last payment was 7/29,
    but he paid his September payment too. He will not be past due until
    11/01/05.
    Below is a borrower that is behind:
    Date Amount Date Amount

  33. #33
    Biff

  34. #34
    FSt1

  35. #35
    Biff

  36. #36
    Biff

  37. #37
    Biff

  38. #38
    workin4alivin
[...]

    Date Amount Cr. Amt Date Amount Check #
    9/1/2004 25.00 25.00 8/31/2004 ($25) 902
    12/1/2004 25.00 25.00 1/14/2005 ($50) 980
    4/1/2005 25.00 25.00 5/5/2005 ($25) 1032
    5/1/2005 25.00 25.00 7/29/2005 ($100) 1070
    6/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    7/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    8/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    9/1/2005 25.00 25.00
    10/1/2005 25.00

    As you can see, this borrower is not past due. The last payment was 7/29,
    but he paid his September payment too. He will not be past due until
    11/01/05.
    Below is a borrower that is behind:
    Date Amount Date Amount

  40. #40
    workin4alivin
    Guest

    RE: Date/If function for past dues

    FSt1 and Biff,

    Both of your suggestions worked. But my problem now is getting this
    information to show on the summary sheet. I want a column that shows whether
    an account is overdue or not, which could allow me to link a cell on the
    summary page to each client loan page.

    I am no expert in Excel, but I was thinking I needed to do some type of IF
    statement. Only, I can't figure one out that would work.

    Below is the data as I have it set up on each clients worksheet.

    Date Amount Cr.amt Date Amount Check #

  41. #41
    FSt1

  42. #42