I want to make three sub colums under an original colum

  1. #1
    dottiem22
    Guest

    I want to make three sub colums under an original colum

    can anyone explain how I do this

    I have a headed colum and half way down this colum I need to insert 3 sets
    of data
    hence the sub clolums

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I want to make three sub colums under an original colum

    Dottie

    The width of a column is the property of the column and remains the same
    throughout the column.

    One way to do what you want is to enter your title in A1 then select A1:C1 and
    Format>Cells>Aligment>Horizontal>Center Across Selection.

    You can also "merge" A1:C1 but I do not recommend this method. Merged cells
    cause no end of problems with sorting, copying. pasting, filtering and others.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP