MERGING COLUMNS WITH DUPLICATE INFO.

  1. #1
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: MERGING COLUMNS WITH DUPLICATE INFO.

    If the rows are complete duplicates - in other words, each cell in one of the
    duplicate records contains the exact same thing as the same cell in another
    duplicate, then it is easy.

    Create a 3rd worksheet and *copy* the data from your 2 current worksheets
    into the new one, one set of data immediately below the other set.

    Now, with any cell in the pasted data selected, use the Filter->Advanced
    Filter option on the Data menu and choose "Copy to another location" and
    check "Unique Records Only", then click in the Copy to: box and select a
    range on your worksheet that is empty and large enough to hold all the unique
    records. Click on OK and Excel will do the work for you.

  2. #2
    PatrickL
    Guest

    RE: MERGING COLUMNS WITH DUPLICATE INFO.

    Thank You for your reply.

    Not all of the data is duplicated. Some of the entries on sheet 1 do not
    appear in sheet 2 and some data in sheet 2 does not appear in sheet 1. I need
    to pull all of these into one list.

    Does that make sense?

  3. #3
    Duke Carey